Shreya Lakshmi from CMR National PU College, ITPL is one of our commerce toppers in second PU with 94.5%. For Shreya, to make her parents happy is the biggest achievement and she credits her success largely to the conducive teaching environment of CMRNPUC. Read on to know more about her success story.
1. Did you really expect to top the school?
I had faith that by God’s grace, excellent teaching by teachers, the support of my parents and my hard work I would get a positive result but I definitely did not expect to be one of the toppers in college.
2. Did you have a fixed pattern of study? How did you prepare for the exam?
A few tips that worked well for me were:
- To put down important graphs, diagrams, keywords, and points on paper and practice them a couple of times
- Being consistent in revising the chapters throughout the year so that there is not much of a burden right before the exam.
- Theory subjects are easier to remember through diagrams and flowcharts of the main headings.
3. What was your day like during the study holidays?
I practiced meditation for 15 mins every morning to have better concentration. I made sure that I did not sit continuously for more than 2 hrs. Short breaks are very important to keep you motivated and to relax body and mind.
4. Do solving old question papers help?
Yes, they definitely help in knowing the pattern and type of questions that could come. They also serve as a means of revision.
5. What was your coping mechanism during the exams? what was your stress-buster
Coping mechanism – appropriate rest and sleep for rejuvenation, right food at the right time, a planned time table for preparation and most importantly having a positive attitude. Music and meditation are great stress busters.
6. What was the highlight of your success?
My biggest success was to get a smile on my parents’ face.
7. And in the age of digital distractions, did you have to stay away from gadgets for the month.
No, you can turn them into a meaningful pause in between tasks — being ‘always on’ can be harmful.
8. How did CMRNPUC help in your preparation for the Boards?
Most of the credit for my accomplishment goes to CMRNPUC. It gave me opportunities to unleash my hidden capabilities and made me more a confident person. The teachers are extremely supportive and ever ready to clear doubts. There were two pre-boards in which the teachers corrected us on the common mistakes which helped me to be cautious on those during my boards.
9. How did it feel with the spotlight on you?
It’s a great feeling when your hard work pays off. Moreover, it’s extremely motivating to do better and reach greater heights.
10. The success mantra that you want to share with other students?
Believe in yourself and work towards it with consistently.
11. What are your best memories from College?
The two years in CMR have passed like the speed of light but they have been filled with a series of joy, learning, exuberance and a lot more. The trip to ‘Eagle unbound’ at Kanakpura road has been my favorite experience. It was a whole new experience for me which included activities like high rope course, archery, zip line, wall climbing, trekking and lot more team building activities followed by a dance on light music and night in the tent. It made me overcome my fears along with being an extremely memorable experience.